Monday, February 13, 2012

Happiness





I bought this sign for my house a month ago. At first I thought it was just a good quote, the more I read it and think about it I have found that it is SO true. We are always wanting more, waiting for the next big thing, and can't wait until this 'stage' is over. It's okay to anticipate great things that are coming up in our lives but we should be happy with today, this moment that we are in right now. It's our life and we should enjoy every part of it. Days are hard, life is hard but if we learn to be happy with the here and now we will enjoy the journey a lot more. Time passes so quickly and we look back and realize that we should have stopped, played a little more and soaked up those 'moments'...






My 'moment' that inspired this post...As I was getting the kids loaded up in the car to take Reagan to school this morning. It is an event to get ready to go anywhere around here. By the time you put Paige in her carseat herd the kids to the car get them buckled and so on.... Needless to say it takes longer to load and unload then it does to take her to school. I was trying to remind myself to be happy in this moment!

No comments: